POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Trains : Re: Wooden Trains Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Trains
From: Karl Anders
Date: 23 May 2008 01:05:01
Message: <web.48364ff6b9c4dd0f9a722ea0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Somebody remembers playing with this? I had lots of fun with it. The cars
> could run along flexible metallic strings:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Schuco.Varianto30.wmt.jpg
>

> Thomas

Oh YES, had those. Lots of fun indeed!
There were forks, too, and electrical cars (AA-Batteries!).
We had two differently colored truckies and one of the other cars and what
seemed like kilometers of wire to my brothers and me. Those cars used to drive
all around our parent's living room :-)

Sadly, the motors broke after a few years and my father could't get any
replacement parts, so that was that :-(

Ah, memories of childhood...

Nostalgically yours
Karl